Sunday, April 26, 2009

The beginning, sort of

I started this blog at the suggestion of one of the BOTB girls. I am trying to lose the last 20 pounds of pregnancy weight. Foolishly, I belived the 2nd half would come off as easily as the second half. After about a week of no loss at all, I decided it was time to get off my butt and do something about it.

I ordered Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I convinced my sister to go to yoga with me again. The weeather is finally getting nice so I am walking everywhere I can while pushing Squirmy around in his stroller. I also agreed to give kickboxing a try with friends who found a good instructor.

My own personal bootcamp started this past Wednesday, with a short walk pushing the stroller. It was short because we just walked to the bank to open accounts for Squirmy, but it gave me an idea of what pushing a stroller on the not so smooth Queens sidewalks.

Thursday was another longer walk plus my first attempt at the Shred DVD. It's a good freaking workout. I am using 3 pound dumbbells for the stregnth parts. Unfortunatly, childbirth left me with a slight incontence problem, so full on jumping jacks and jumprope are an issue. I do modified jumping jacks and sort of run/hop in place for the jump rope. I was stiff and sore that night and the next day, but it was manageable.

Friday all I did was take a trip to Target. I was not impressed with myself there. Also, I ended up out Friday night with the girls and was out until 2am. Not at all good for the body, but it did wonders for my mind. Yesterday, I walked with Squirmy for about 45 minutes in the heat, sweating out the hangover.

Today's workout was the second go at the Shred. We'll see how that turns out later tonight and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment